Alaska Tobacco Control Alliance
Do you know someone who wants to quit using tobacco?
Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line is available for Alaskans who need support and assistance. The free service can be accessed 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. The Quit Line provides free, confidential telephone coaching and medication to help Alaska residents quit tobacco. Smokers and chewers can call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) to speak with a Quit Coach and create an individualized, effective plan to guide them through the quitting process. Eight weeks of free nicotine replacement product is available to all eligible callers.
Alaska residents may call the Quit Line as often as they like. Callers receive personalized advice on how to quit, information on medications, and assistance with creating a quit plan and choosing a quit date
Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line Free Services
- Self help materials to guide the quit process
- Telephone coaching with optional call-back program where callers can choose to receive a series of four proactive, individual coaching and support calls
- Eight weeks of free nicotine replacement product for all eligible participants
- A secure website, quitnow.net, where tobacco users can learn more about Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line, enroll for services and request to speak with an enrollment specialist
- Information for those concerned about a tobacco user
- Referrals to local tobacco cessation resources and services, if desired
- Expanded services for pregnant women